The Congregation of Sisters of Saint Joseph of Cluny was founded in 1807 in Chalon by Anne-Marie Javouhey who consecrated herself to God on November 11th, 1798 during a clandestine Mass which had to be celebrated in a barn in Chamblanc. Anne-Marie Javouhey set out from this day to overcome any problems which came in her way. She was the woman who dared:
- * To stand as counter witness to the spirit of the age.
- * To search for God's Will for her in the challenge of her day.
- * To risk everything in complete confidence in order to announce Jesus Christ.
- * To believe in the dignity of the poorest and work to promote freedom from oppression.
This spirit she left to her Sisters to inspire them to serve the Church and the world today.
In her footsteps, we are pressen in 60 different countries in 5 continents
* announcing by word and by witness GOD'S LOVE for every human being
* educating each person with respect for his/her values and differences
* caring for and journeing with the most deprived
* attentive to the circumstances of today's world
* trying to meet these needs for the .... LIBERATION OF THE PEOPLE OF GOD